I responded to a publication seeking poems on the the theme of 'Objects'. I sent a couple of poems. It has been a while since but nothing really came out of it. Sob! Sob! But of course, there is a really superior work happening these days and some poems are simply exemplary so I think I really need to work hard to stand any real chance. 

Here are those two poems below. Enjoy, critique, laugh over, mull over or just simply read! Until the next post...........

Dust

In the seen and the unseen
Lies this thin layer alongside,
a part of our environment
and mingled in our stride.
It’s on my paintbrushes,
On the painted sheets
Reminding me of things to do
And pictures I would never complete.
It’s on the papers to be filed
On the shelf where books look pretty
On the paper with incomplete
thoughts, that I hailed as poetry.
On some memories most cherished,
On relationships, casualties of misunderstandings,
Inside closets with once-worn clothes
On dreams and clouding our fantasies.
It is everywhere and when brushed,
settles again bit by bit,
reminds us daily, of dusting this dust, and
that we may never win against it.

The Phone
So many years of my life collided
And I used to feel eras have gone by
Some addresses that I had forgotten
through some connections came alive.
I hold them all in my phone
my past, my present and my future happenings
I think it is really spectacular
how life is designed by this tiny protagonist.
Our entire time is squeezed into it
We are only richer hostages,
Armed by this three by two device,
We feel happily accomplished.
All my eras came together
And fell apart just as soon
I decided what really mattered
And put that damn thing, on an airplane mode.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मेरे घर का पौधा मुझसे कहता.......