Week #22.... begin and end with the words "I surrender"

I surrenderto the shape of the clouds
a horse, a dragon and a

flying heron…
and when the thunder
rumbles over,
to all its animal sounds.

I surrender
to this upside down house,
this chore of straightening,
the trip and fall over the cricket bat,
scattered trump cards on the floor,
and as I slowly lose my cool
the innocence fired, from 
sundae faces and chocolate eyes.

I surrender
to the mistiness in your eyes, your
strength to make this sodden trail 
up to my broken heart,
as I note the inequities, 
accept apologies
and let you care for a change.

I surrender 
to this society, trying so hard
to stand still with its weight of sin
for every 20 savage, 20 cowards, 
and 10 drunks raising the stink
those 50 humane, upright, aware
of their burden but rising still.

I surrender
To this world, to its beauty,
its animal, birds and plants,
from the one celled amoeba to 
the breach of a blue whale,
from the hanging icicles of the north
to the fiery desert dunes
And while we chip away at this only Home,
their unheard promise to stay with us till the end. 

And to That that I will never know, 
in that dark unknowable black pit of space
a mocking nothingness that the world prays,
dressed as spirituality or ignorance, 
I surrender.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मेरे घर का पौधा मुझसे कहता.......