Love Poems

past the proclaimed day of love.....
lasts the warmth of love......

and therefore a few poems written in the recent past, for all my loved ones and everyone still in love post valentine's fervour......


If love could be spelt out

I'll douse my words in cliches,
my sentences with repetitions,
the thoughts heard of before,
meanings that create no imagery,
a bland poetry.
In an attempt to say 
something worthy,
I'll sound like a fumbling idiot,
But I'll put myself through 
all that ridicule
because when i get down to 
parting the world,
there is the whole world
inviting but blue
and then there is you.


When 'She' Loves

She love enough to do
things with eyes shut
mind stalled.

She sees not the follies,
nor the bargains,
nor the machinations.

She ponders not later
on the benefits gained
from hindsight
but continues the same way
for she simply loves.

She is blamed,
named,
silly, stupid,
unworthy
But learn to forgive her
for that is the only way 
she has learnt to be.

Settling down

All you want to do is settle,
in the mountains somewhere;
and i think of how our days will pass
And it basically gives me the jitters.

How will we fill our vacant days?
How will I fill my vacant hours?
And you talk of how the colours
Will change on the mountain top,
With the first light of dawn.

Then I think I will miss the city,
Its noise and light and happenings
The drunken parties, the friends at hand
The families and obligations.

You remind me then of pollution,
In its noise and in its air,
Beguiled you speak, of the cool fresh air
Of a simple life among simple people
Beneath the great blue eternity.

For once we meet, at a common ground
of growing kids and ageing parents
Your work is another dilemma,
“To be or not to be”.

The blanket of the star lit sky
shines in your starry dreams
I too have looked at the same sky
And found it tough to pull away,
And just so it doesn’t break your heart
I mark the discussions for a later day.

Then I think to myself,
That I do love you and
Your love for mountains and nature,

And then I think, why not?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मेरे घर का पौधा मुझसे कहता.......