Again weeks have gone by since my last post. Here i post a few poems written in the previous weeks in response to APM Nation Prompts' 100 poems challenge......

Prompt #16.. viewing the world through reality distorting lenses

The Reign of Peace

People moved about in a flurry
The town square was being prepared

The bill was passed only yesterday
The majority vote was for total and complete annihilation
Love was being publicly executed
It was charged of multiple transgressions
And finally convicted on three grounds
Distorting reality
Imaging people as larger than life
And claiming to conquering all
happiness, it’s by product, 
was rendered the biggest scourge, 
the allegation, it stopped all motion
Hope had been given up long back
Surprisingly the faces were no longer sad
They had wanted it all along
Now things would be smoother
Perfection could be bred in laboratories
No more the cacophony in playgrounds
no more the annoyed old ears
But falling like a projector light, a dusty shaft
Over an empty rocking chair
As existing would now be easily eradicated
No more cloying over things lost
No more would a mother sigh
At the sight of cute feet and bobbing heads
Receding, leaving behind giggly serenades
But no more too would a mother
Save portions for her child
While nearby sniveling unclothed
Children scorched in the noon light 
The unfairness that love wrought
Everywhere was plain to see
The weakened of a new variety
Were instructed on the wayside
To be swept aside like fallen leaves
On the fatal moment, Love’s threat
Was hanging heavy in the air
But people went about their business
Finally at peace………….
After a few hours Love’s final 
Prescience bore weight, a little late
The Earth came to a screeching halt on its axis.


Prompt #17....write an elegy to a part of yourself

An Elegy to the Ephemeral
1.
Here on out, it is goodbye

Around this bend
The view is lost
The last few memories
Of what it is like 
Trickle somewhere between spaces
Of a careworn brain.
The mirror now an enemy, unflattering, mocking, false, and 
Somewhere between this delusion
And a growing fondness for dim lights
In an ephemeral heart beat
She stopped being a young girl.

2.
Dancing.
It was about 
Dancing. Unburdened 
And carefree.

Time. 
Time an endless sea that never meets the horizon.

The Body. 
Beautiful and capable.
A weapon carried in 
A casket of conceit. 

Idealism. Extremism or escapism? 

Dreams. Crushing parental dreams 
To live her own. Framing her values with her own truths. 

All in all youth! Powerful, promising, possible. 

3.
And just like that 
On a happy moment 
On a happy day
It was laid to rest.
Meandering through 
The second half of the script
An opening scene of her choices lying naked
On a bed of consequences 
She willed herself 
To write the epitaph 
“and here it lies,
The eternal ephemeral 
The youth of life
Lost but not regretted
A haunting beauty 
Of its time,
A teacher that taught 
A painter that painted 
A potter that formed 
This clay of life
That with hairline cracks
Still stands intact”

Prompt #18.......begin and end the poem with the words "I will dance"

“I will dance”

I will dance said the butterfly
As it tried to soar

In the opposing winds.
So what if I can’t fly
With the winds tearing my
Tender wings
For now, I will dance through
This wind.

I will dance said the tree
As the wind lashed
Its branches.
My leaves are being 
ripped and I will soon 
be bare. I may look incomplete
to thoughtless eyes, but for now 
I will dance with the wind.

I will dance said the girl
to the invitation of the whistling 
winds.
And when tomorrow I sell more roses
And those extra pennies make
Mother’s eyes sing
I will dance once more
To celebrate my countless worth
And to the happiness I bring.

When I touch the ocean beds;
When I feel the wind racing
Through my hair, as I stand
At the summit of my toughest climb;
When we make possible, beautiful music
my guitar and me;
I will dance said million little dreams.

I too will dance, I say to myself.
When I am told not to, I will.
When the strongest winds blow, I will.
But mostly, when I am unable to
I will dance.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

मेरे घर का पौधा मुझसे कहता.......